"For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities - his eternal power and diving nature - have been clearly seen, being understood from what as been made, so that men are without excuse." ~ Romans 1:20
About a year ago, Kevin had the idea to start and outdoor ministry at church, inviting fellow church goers to join us on our weekend hikes. He named the group R1 based on the verse above.
Although many hikes were planned, not many were successful ~ either due to bad weather or lack of participation. We did organize one hike and had three others join us.
Now, a year later, we have begun to have much more interest. Last month a group of us hiked Dog Mountain, and today 24 of us met and hiked to Dry Creek Falls.
What fun and what a blessing this was.
And after the hike, the majority of the group joined us at our house for a bbq!
I love having a camera that can take photos with slow shutter speed so I can have the soft water effect on my waterfall photos. I just love waterfalls. I didn't take my tripod along, so these aren't as sharp as they could be, but overall I like the effect I got.
so excited that you had such a great turnout! Beautiful pictures and what a cool place to hike!!!
ReplyDeleteOh those pictures are gorgeous! I can't believe that's real and that you live near it! The one with all the mossy rocks looks like something out of a storybook. What a great idea for your church!
ReplyDelete