Monday, June 23, 2008

Addiction

There is an addiction that runs rampant in my immediate family (mom, dad, brother and me)...has seriously afflicted 2 of the 4 members (mom and brother)....and now seems to be working it's way into my life. What is it?!?!....GARDENING!!! I am addicted, I am obsessed, I am loving it! I have enjoyed gardening in the past, but lately, it's all I think about. The previous owner had no interest, apparantly, so I've got alot of work to do. I have spent hours splitting huge, overgrown hostas and moving them around.

I just made my second trip to a greenhouse where their quart perrenials are half price!! I can get a perrenial for less than $2...how can you pass that up? So I have been "investing" in some plants for the yard and gardens around the house. It's funny to think you are buying plenty for the whole yard...then you come home, create your garden and realize that you've only completely one small sqaure. I know it's a process, but I'm a little impatient. I want big, beautiful, mature gardens NOW.

As I get things planted, I will post some pictures....here's one of the girls playing in water with their animals. Where was I?...planting, of course!


No comments:

Post a Comment