Sunday, June 22, 2008

Meet Dominic Muchangi

Today I would like to tell you a little about one of our sponsored children, Dominic Muchangi from Kenya. As the years go by, and our relationships develop, these children truly become part of our hearts. Dominic is the child that we have sponsored the longest...10 years now! Prior to sponsoring Dominic, I sponsored another girl from Kenya named Judith. When Judith "graduated" from Compassion's program, Compassion sent me Dominic's child packet to see if I would begin sponsoring him. I was thrilled and amazed that God would choose this child for me.

You see, my mom's maiden name is Domnick and I had always thought if I were to someday have a son, I would most likely name him Domnick. So when I got my little Dominic, from across the world, I had to smile. I also had to call my mom and tell her she was becoming a "grandma", though not in the sense she probably had in mind. Still, this little boy, now a young man, was special to me from the beginning!

In one of his first letters to us he wrote, "I am happy because you have chosen me to be your friend and my sponsor".

More recently he wrote, "I would like also to recognize your support all through from when you started supporting me...from when I was a young boy in primary school and now I am finishin gmy secondary school education."

And it blows my mind to think that a little boy, in Africa, is praying for me and my family. "How is Sydney now? I am still praying for her and I know God will support and guide her in over coming the challenge of life"

When I was pregnant with Kayleigh he wrote, "I am praying that God will bless you with another child as you told me and may the almighty Lord bless you with the child."

What a blessing is has been to have this boy in our lives. He, too, will soon complete Compassion's programs and make a difference in his community.



This is Dominic today...at 17 1/2 years old....isn't he handsome?


This is an earlier photo of Dominic.

No comments:

Post a Comment