Sunday, September 7, 2008

Happy Grandparent's Day

Here's a shout out to all the grandparent's out there....mine, yours, everyone's!
Grandparents
are
AWESOME
and we love you all so much!

Both Kevin and I were very fortunate to grow up with both sets of grandparents in the same town. Every holiday, birthday, celebration...our grandparents were likely there with us.
I have a very, very small family with only one sibling and two first cousins...so I didn't have to share my grandparents with too many other kids! I was blessed with fun, loving grandparents.

Here are some pictures....
Grandma (Ella) and Grandpa (Lloyd) Domnick


Grandpa (Chet) and Grandma (Esther) Eichorst


My Grandmas....
and
My Grandpas...



And now Kevin's grandparents.....I wish I had pictures of Kevin with his grandparents when he was a little tyke, but what can I say? He's a guy and guys don't generally keep those sorts of things. (I found lots of pictures of his high school rock band, though!)

Grandpa (Larry) and Grandma (Marion) Paul

Grandma (Thelma) and Grandpa (Harold) Foley....
I couldn't find a picture of Grandpa Foley!



I read a saying once that Parents used to have lots of kids....nowadays, kids have lots of parents. In our case, our kids have lots of GRANDPARENTS!! And that's a great thing...more people to love on you, pray for you and encourage you!

Here's our kid's grandparents....

Grandpa (Frank) and Grandma (Lin) Foley (Kevin's dad)


Grandpa (Tom) and Grandma (Linda) Hall (Kevin's mom)


Grandma (Lynn) and Grandpa (Mark) Eichorst (Jill's dad)


Grandpa (Keith) and Grandma (Diana) Redman (Jill's mom)

Kevin and I still have 3 living grandparents so that makes 3 great-grandparents for Syd and Kay! Since we don't live close to any of you, we don't get to see you often enough....you are the reason I blog!
We love you all!!!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you sweet daughter of ours for your tribute to Grandparents!!!!
    It is a JOY AND GIft from God to be Sydney and Kayleighs Grandparents! They are the cutest ever!!!!
    We Love you all so much and can't wait until the next time to see you.
    hugs Grandma and Grandpa Red

    ReplyDelete