Tuesday, March 17, 2009

St. Patty's Day

As promised...here are pictures from our Green Day. I know you were on the edge of your seat with anticipation all day!

You would have thought it was Christmas morning in our house...I woke up to Syd and Kay peering over my bed saying, "Is it St. Patrick's Day, Mommy?" We got up and Sydney pinched me because my jammies were black. So I put on a green necklace and we headed downstairs for our Green Eggs and Ham. I know there's nothing Irish about this, but it's what my mom did for me growing up....we read the book and ate green eggs and ham. Anyway...enjoy the pictures!



My little leprachans

Do you think Kayleigh said, "Hey Syd...kiss me, I'm Irish!"?

For lunch we had green mac and cheese and kiwi


Sydney wanted to use her green siggy at naptime!

Our snack...I considered green beans and peas, but didn't think it would go over well.

Little lassie, Kayleigh...

Because I tend to go overboard...here's our "green party" decorations

Our dinner....chicken and broccoli casserole with green rice

Our giant shamrock cookie for dessert

I'll leave you with just a couple pics of Kayleigh...


And here's a picture Kayleigh took of me

5 comments:

  1. HOW FUN!!!! You are so creative! I managed some green jello, LOL! The girls look like they are having a blast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have lucky girls to have a mom who does so much to make life fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun day!!!!! The girls are sooooooooooooooooooo cute and we can hardlywait to see you all.
    There was alot of green in TX.
    Kay is really good at taking pictures. Thanks for sharing your fun day!!!!
    hugs and Love
    Mom and Dad Red

    ReplyDelete
  4. great ideas! dressing green (or get a pinch), reading Dr S, even a way to make nap time irish. =) green breakfast, lunch, snack and supper too. a nutritious, kid friendly and mom friendly day. sure your girls loved the day. thanks! teresa c

    ps it think it's special that you are passing on a tradition your mom did for you (green eggs & ham and reading the book) :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jill you are an absolute NUT! I love it! Wanna adopt me?????

    Oh- and you look BEAUTIFUL!!!!

    ReplyDelete