Saturday, April 25, 2009

Bite Back



I have often talked about Compassion's sponsorship program on this blog. I believe so strongly in the good work Compassion is able to do with $32 a month through their child development sponsorship program.

But Compassion has many other initiatives and areas in which they are working to make a difference.

Today I want to talk about their fight against Malaria....BITE BACK. We are all aware that mosquitoes are annoying, but in many countries, mosquito bites can be deadly.

Although I've known about this campaign, I learned more about it today on Compassion's Blog. They have a post today about World Malaria Day.

I remember the very first time I sent extra money to my first sponsored child, Judith in Kenya, she wrote back to me saying,

May the living God be with you this time of Christmas. I am thanking you very much for the money you sent to me as a Christmas gift. I was filled with joy. I have bought a blanket . Right now I am sleeping well without any problem. I used to sleep for a short time because of disturbances of mosquitoes and coldness at night.

I remember being totally blown away at this simple thing we take for granted.

Did you know that for $10 you can buy a net for a family and help prevent malaria?

Please take a few minutes to explore Compassion's Bite Back website. Maybe you can't afford to sponsor a child for $32 a month, but you could make a one time donation and buy a net (or 2, or 3).

There are also some great Bite Back t-shirts for adults and kids in Compassion's store.

No comments:

Post a Comment