Monday, June 29, 2009

Oregon

What a wonderful weekend I had in Portland, Oregon! I went for a leadership training retreat for Compassion and also had the chance to look at some houses and get a better feel for the area.

I met some wonderful new Compassion friends and got some great coaching training! I'm excited to put it into use with my team of Compassion advocates. It also has great applications to parenting so hopefully my girls will benefit, too.

We had the opportunity to experience the beauty of the Columbia River Gorge on Saturday evening. We went to Multnomah Falls and did some hiking around.




I got to meet my blogging friend, Juli, on this trip...she's the first blogging friend that I have met face to face!

I also got to reconnect with a dear friend from my Minnesota days...Jane.






This is called Vista House and it has a beautiful view of the gorge.


While enjoying the view, we heard this group singing some praise songs. We went over to listen and join in. I got a small movie clip too.


We stayed up on Crown Point long enough to watch the beautiful sunset...we weren't disappointed!




I'm excited that in a few months I will be calling this area home.

6 comments:

  1. What beautiful pics Jill!!!

    As soon as I got down to Juli-I was a bit confused-to see the two of you standing next to each other! haha!

    Glad you had a wonderful time and are looking forward to being there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jill, Your pictures are always amazing! I totally enjoy them!
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome pictures!!!! We can't wait to come and visit you in Oregon!!!! See you soon in MI one more time.
    hugs
    Mom and Dad Red

    ReplyDelete
  4. That second picture is especially stunning. Nice one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Abbie, I hope to see you, too, in two weeks! But let's keep it a secret so we can surprise Jill --

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Jill - these pictures are amazing!!! Oregon is BEAUTIFUL! I hope you guys will love it there!!! I'm sure you will!

    ReplyDelete