Friday, July 10, 2009

Funny Kids

My friend, Ian, has kids who say the funniest things. Almost every time he posts something his kids say, it makes me laugh.

So it got me thinking...I've got two kids of my own and I know I laugh at things they say everyday. I just can't usually remember them long enough to post about it.

So yesterday, at lunch, I sat there with a pencil and paper and recorded the things they said.

Here's a sampling....

Syd: "I love sausage so much it makes me want to dance"



Kay: "I ate my cracking egg all (hard-boiled egg)"



Syd: "If I eat this sandwich it's called Sydney butter and jelly, if Kayleigh eats it, it's called Kayleigh butter and jelly, if mommy eats it, it's called mommy butter and jelly, and if daddy eats it, it's called daddy butter and jelly."

Kay: "If Newton eats it, it's called Newton butter and jelly" (note...Newton has been gone a couple months so this came out of no where!)

Syd: "If no one eats it, it's called SOYbutter and jelly!!!"

Then there was this bit I heard at bedtime. Kayleigh has a CD that has songs with her name in it.

The song was playing...
"All angels sing Kayleigh, we're watching over you. Sleep softly now Kayleigh, Cause you're an angel too..."
Kay: "I'm NOT an angel"
Song: "You're an angel too..."
Kay: "I'm NOT and angel"

So my kids are funny...they even said some pretty funny stuff today, but since I didn't write it down, I can't remember it!

3 comments:

  1. I love the soy bit! Kids are great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tout, Jill! And I think Syd AND Kay are BOTH angels!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kids are so funny!!! That is the highlight of my day listening to what they have to say and watching them try to do new things. I'm like you if I don't write it down right away I forget!

    ReplyDelete